View Classes By Date ▼
Jumpstart for Beginners
This two-hour introductory course is designed for the true novice and introduces the new rider to the basics of motorcycle controls and operation in a low stress environment. Cascade Motorcycle Safety provides the motorcycles and class sizes are kept low for much more personal attention than is possible in the Basic Rider Training Course. This class is to familiarize you with the motorcycle and
This class is to familiarize you with the motorcycle and cannot be taken for endorsement.
Jumpstart Class is 2 hours
What to Bring to Class
To support the safety of all Students WMSP has established requirements for Student dress, all of which must be worn any time a Student is on a motorcycle. Students who fail to meet the following minimum protective gear requirements must not be allowed to participate in on-cycle training:
- Sturdy pants or riding gear that fully cover the legs. (Denim jeans are acceptable.)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket that fully covers the arms.
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear offering adequate ankle protection. (i.e. canvas high-tops, or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering are not acceptable).
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather-palmed, offering adequate protection.
- Eye protection (face shield, goggles, safety glasses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses) must be worn at any time while upon a moving motorcycle.
- Properly fitted US DOT (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) compliant helmet that is free of any structural damage. (This includes
- Contractor, Instructor, or Student provided helmets). Notes: Contractor provided loaner helmets must be US DOT (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) compliant and free of structural damage. Sanitary disposable liners (aka “hair cap”, “nurse cap, “bouffant cap”) will be provided for Student/Test Taker use whenever a contractor provided helmet is used.
Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to combine classes to meet our minimum number of students per class requirement or to cancel or postpone a class due to circumstances beyond our control.
Cancellation & Completion Policies:
If you need to reschedule your class we must hear from you NO less than 7 days prior to the class start date/hour. If you don’t contact us or call at least 7 days before your class starts, any money paid for a class will be forfeit and there will be NO refunds. Any refunds given are subject to a $10.00 handling fee. While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely we can not guarantee that you will pass the class and receive an endorsement.