View Classes By Date ▼
More classes will be added check back
Intermediate Rider Training
Motorcycle license test wavier card provided upon successful completion.
This one-day “Intermediate Rider Training” course is designed for riders who have basic motorcycle skills and need their license endorsement.
Important: Registering for this course means you must ALREADY POSSESS the basic skill and ability to operate a motorcycle safely. The required basic skills include stopping, starting, shifting, low speed turning and competent braking of a motorcycle. Please also review the course descriptions for the Basic Rider Course so you are confident you’ve chosen the right course before registering. If you are still uncertain which course is right for you call us and we’ll help you decide.
This one-day course is approximately 8 hours long. It includes classroom instruction in street strategies and mental processing for safe motorcycling, and range exercises that cover cornering/swerving/stopping and hazard avoidance.
IRT course is 8 hours
Choose from a Saturday or Sunday Class 8:00 AM-11:00 AM,
Classroom Session 1:00 PM-6:00 PM, Range Session
What to Bring to Class
To support the safety of all Students WMSP has established requirements for Student dress, all of which must be worn any time a Student is on a motorcycle. Students who fail to meet the following minimum protective gear requirements must not be allowed to participate in on-cycle training:
- Sturdy pants or riding gear that fully cover the legs. (Denim jeans are acceptable.)
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket that fully covers the arms.
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear offering adequate ankle protection. (i.e. canvas high-tops, or slip-on-boots with elastic (only) ankle covering are not acceptable).
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather-palmed, offering adequate protection.
- Eye protection (face shield, goggles, safety glasses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses) must be worn at any time while upon a moving motorcycle.
- Properly fitted US DOT (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) compliant helmet that is free of any structural damage. (This includes
- Contractor, Instructor, or Student provided helmets). Notes: Contractor provided loaner helmets must be US DOT (49 C.F.R. Sec. 571.218) compliant and free of structural damage. Sanitary disposable liners (aka “hair cap”, “nurse cap, “bouffant cap”) will be provided for Student/Test Taker use whenever a contractor provided helmet is used.
Class Dismissal Warnings
Students may be dismissed from the course if they:
- Demonstrate they are unable to safely control and operate a motorcycle/rig.
- Do not meet exercise objectives.
- Repeatedly do not respond to coaching.
- Intentionally commit unsafe acts
- Are demonstrating impairment by drugs/alcohol WMSP POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL: 3.0 – TRAINING 3.0 – TRAINING
- Are excessively fatigued and may present a safety risk
- Are physically/emotionally impaired
- Intimidate, sexually harass, or threaten Students or Instructors WMSP will not engage, mediate, or suggest customer service solutions to customers. Contractors are solely responsible for managing their business. Customer service policies and options are all locally (Contractor) managed decisions.
Cascade Motorcycle Safety reserves the right to combine classes to meet our minimum number of students per class requirement or to cancel or postpone a class due to circumstances beyond our control.
Cancellation & Completion Policies:
If you need to reschedule your class we must hear from you NO less than 7 days prior to the class start date/hour. If you don’t contact us or call at least 7 days before your class starts, any money paid for a class will be forfeit and there will be NO refunds. Any refunds given are subject to a $10.00 handling fee. While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely we can not guarantee that you will pass the class and receive an endorsement.